You Can Be Sure
As you consider the purchase of a garage door or related product, we encourage you to thoroughly investigate not only the products, but also the dealer who will provide the installation and service.
And why would we say that? Because we know that our company will earn your confidence. And if you need proof, we’ve got it.
As a dealership accredited by the Institute of Door Dealer Education and Accreditation, we have attained the highest level of professionalism awarded by the door and operator industry. In addition, our status as an accredited door dealer requires that we continue to stay abreast of the latest information and policies in the industry.
Our Accreditation is Your Assurance
By choosing an accredited door dealer you have the assurance that you are working with a leader in the industry. We are proud to be accredited by the Institute of Door Dealer Education and accreditation.
What is the IDEA?
The Institute of Door Dealer Education and Accreditation is an independent non-profit organization dedicated to increasing the professionalism of the door and access systems industry through education and accreditation. Door and operator dealers who have demonstrated a commitment to quality, integrity and experience are eligible to apply for IDEA Accreditation.
In order to qualify, dealer management must successfully complete a comprehensive study course and pass six written examinations. Once this process is completed, applicants must provide documentation of continuous operations, proof of general liability and workers’ compensation insurance, proper federal tax identification status or local business licensing, and provide letters of recommendation from customers and business associates.
In order to maintain IDEA Accreditation, the dealer must meet continuing education requirements established by the Institute in order to maintain a high level of general and technical knowledge on an ongoing basis.
The purpose of IDEA Accreditation is to enhance confidence among members of the public in the qualifications and character of dealers from whom garage door products and services are secured.
What does IDEA Accreditation mean to you, the customer?
- An Accredited dealer has experience about the products it sells and has demonstrated that knowledge through the scrutiny of an independent organization.
- An Accredited dealer has successfully passed through written examinations on the subjects of Accounting and General Business Principals, Legal and Insurance, OSHA Regulations and Safety Compliance, Residential Technical Basics, Commercial Technical Basics, and Sales and Marketing Management as a means of demonstrating professional knowledge.
- An Accredited dealer has demonstrated its commitment to overall industry quality and excellence through an investment in time and money to earn the distinction.
- An Accredited dealer is continuously pursuing new information and education regarding this ever-changing industry, its products and its ability to meet the needs of customers.
- You will be doing business with a company that has earned an achievement that fewer than one percent of the garage door and operator dealers in the United States and Canada have achieved.
The Institute of Door Dealer Education and Accreditation does not endorse any dealer nor warranty the products or work performed by any accredited dealer. However, the Institute has established a comprehensive program available to all industry dealers and can verify to any member of the public that the dealer claiming Accreditation status has met the strict criteria established under this program.
If you would like more information about IDEA Dealer Accreditation, or wish to confirm the status of any dealer, please feel free to contact us.
Institute of Door Dealer Education and Accreditation
PO Box 236
West Milton, OH 45383